Mon, Dec 18|
Sunrise Elementary School
Sunrise PTA is honored to introduce Sunrise Holiday Help. Holiday Help started as an initiative from principal Lenz, for families to help families this holiday season.
Time & Location
Dec 18, 2023, 7:00 PM – 7:05 PM
Sunrise Elementary School , 14075 172nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, USA
Sunrise PTA is honored to introduce Sunrise Holiday Help. Holiday Help started as an initiative from principal Lenz, for families to help families this holiday season. With the money donated through Holiday Help, Nurse Jan will purchase and distribute gift cards for Sunrise families who need monetary support this holiday season.
If you can help, please do so by donating a gift card (Target, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.) that a family can use to purchase holiday items for their children. Please give donated gift cards to Nurse Jan by December 18.
OR you can make a donation via the Venmo PTA account (@Sunrise-PTA-NSD) by December 18 and then Nurse Jan will purchase gift cards using the donated funds. Please note “holiday help” on the donation notes line.
You may also contribute to our Staff and Teacher wishlists:
- Hands-on Equation Class Set: https://borenson.com/teacher-materials-hands-on-equations/
- Hand Sanitizer would be great!
- Additional wipes would also be helpful. I have some, but I will need more soon.
- We will be doing bridge building (entire 5th grade). Therefore, we will need THOUSANDS of toothpicks. I believe there are 80ish 5th graders so we will need 80,000 toothpicks. We give about 1000 to each student. I have glue and everything else, already.
- Previous to Covid, I used to use casting material to make masks of the students. We then decorated them based on some topic. For example, we would do Ecosystems in Science and they would make their make their mask into some type of animal found in the ecosystem (or plant, etc.). So, I would need Casting material. (45ft. - 211ft Plaster Cloth Rolls of White gauze (2in x 211 feet). I think I will need approximately 26 rolls, one for each student. (this is a huge undertaking and parent help is also needed)
- If the above works (#2). I will need lots of acrylic paint. I found one with 52 colors on amazon (2oz bottles)
- I would love to do a whole class book Club of The Hobbit. I would need a book for each student. I should be able to get about 10 copies from around and Mrs. Barnett, but paperback copies of the book would be great! Any original copy is great as I listen to it as well as have students follow along. I have a great recording of it!
Sunrise Counselor Ms. DeVoe